Thursday, January 15, 2009

New paint of the walls-new outlook

We finally got around to painting our bedroom this past weekend.  That is quite an accomplishment considering we have had the paint for about 9 months.  At first I wasn't sure If I really liked it.  The color was a lot darker than I thought. But after the sun came out, I decided I did.  We even switched around some furniture and I feel like I have a whole new room!  Now getting David to put up the crown molding will probably take another year! 

 It is so nice to sleep on a bed that has no dust under it ( at least for a while). Nothing like painting a room to really get you to do that "deep cleaning."  I really use to be an organized person- before kids came along.   After I had AG -I have had to learn to "let it go."   Unless, I spend every waking moment running around the house like a mad woman cleaning -it is not going to stay clean.  The house will always be here with a mess to clean, but the children won't!  Before, I know it they will be grown and out the doors!  Then I will have all the time in the world to focus on having a clean house!  I have to say with AG this time around I really have done better!  I have learned to "savor" every moment and just "let it go!" Now, I'm off to do some laundry before she wakes up!


1 comment:

elizabeth said...

I need to paint all my rooms so that I will be forced to remove the massive dust bunnies. I don't even think at this point, I can refer to them as "bunnies"...more like mosters!!!